Thursday, November 09, 2006

Exams!

Exams!


For all those who have seen the telugu movie tagore,,,this is for
you...."naaku telugu lo nacchani oke okka padam pariksha." Now that I
supposedly did some justice to my mother toungue, I will translate it
into English,,,"The only word that i hate in English is "examination".
Actually, Hate is a very strong feeling. Same is the case with love too.
The truth is I am digreesing from the topic.
Exams, exams, exams. I am in the Final year of my engineering now.
When I was in school, I used to think that higher studies would be fun;
that I would only have to write one exam for a year or may be for every
six months. But somebody else had something else in store. I am not in
IIT, but i still doubt if IITs dont conduct exams regularly. Exams are
conducted at an alarmingly regular rate, every week or may be evry 2
weeks or may be once every month. How is it justified??? How do people
think 3 hours are good enough to test somebody's depth in the subject? I
have lots of questions plaguing my mind right now, I will now try to hit
the hammer on the nail.

The next 2 weeks will probably be the most important ones in my
examination life. I have CAT breathing down my neck, but it is setup
quite 'strategically' I must say in the midst of my end-semister
examinations. What complicates the matter is the fact that I have to make
on overnight journey to reach the place where I have to 'hopefuly' bell
the cat. Its been difficult for me to bell the local 'cats' here in
Vizag,,,and i dont know if the CAT in hyderabd will be kind enough to
allow me to bell it.Yeah, the alarm bells are ringing. sO what do I do
now? Most of u must be knowing the case with sem exams, One day batting,
as it is called in this part of the world, is undoubtedly the best
strategy. It has worked out for me well enough, giving me decent
percentages almost everytime. This time though, the situation is just a
bit complex, 3 hours of CAT prep everyday,,,and at the same time readin
at least 6-7 hours everyday to pass my sem exams...just for passing
man(read it as woman, if u are one,, frankly i dunno about the
rest)!!!!!!!!!!!!! This post stops here, seems to be an abrupt
ending,,,but looks fine I suppose, like a Mani Ratnam movie, ends exactly
where it could actually may be continued. And by the way, I am not making
fun of Mani Ratnam, I love his work.

Have a nice time and do take good care of yourself.

2 comments:

WaTyAR said...

Well well well.. examination?? what is it all about... with a bird's eye view... every second we live in.. is a 'exam' to face... may be thats not the thing refered here.. coming to 'exam' under spotlight.. i do agree 3-hours judgement is bit shady.. and not quite justificable.. actual philosphy is one who is 'good' can also fair well in 3-hour sprint.. there are many reasons to not to fair well in "sprint".. but only one reason to end up being good at it.. bla bla bla.. well.. thats ob.. need not be true.. a 100m winner need not top the marathon.. and vice versa.. whatever it may be these are not just "THE EXAMS" they are just a part of whole tide of them.. what counts is how one performs at each one of them... ...

Sandilya Bhamidipati said...

Exam is the word i think any student hates....forget abt students....even software profs like me have to take competency tests every 2 weeks....exams really suck man