Thursday, November 09, 2006

Time!

This is for all the people who complain about time.
("I am not referring to the T.I.M.E institution which offers coaching for CAT and all other stuff.lets deal with it some other time").
Coming back to the point though,,,
I have the time to log into my blog and write a post, at a time when I have to be preparing for the rigorous examination schedule ahead. I have the time to login and see if I have got any comments for the articles that I had posted. And I have immense time to think about what exactly should be written in this particular article. Last, but not the least, you do have the time to login and read what I am writing right now. So what does all this mean? Simply put forth, we always have time to do what we want to do and what we love to do. But there is a small but very important distinction, what we want to do is most of the times different from what we need to do. Again a digression, excuse me please.
Coming back to the concept of time as defined by Stephen Hawking,excuse me again, I am wasting your time.
The matter is that we will always have time for what we love to do, for what we consider are the good things in life, things on which it is worth spending time. After all, there are 24 hours in a day,,,and if we take out the 8 hours required for sleep and 3 hours required for eating and other important bodily activities, the rest 13 hours are there for the taking. What makes us different from others is the way in which we waste time, but not the way in which we spend it. See, spending money is different from wasting money, likewise spending time is different from wasting time. I can only say this much because I haven't mastered the art of wasting time properly. What is the worth of preaching, when we don't practice!
Rahul Dravid spends most of his time playing cricket. He wastes a small amount of time, reading books!
I call for a completely new definition of waste here, its very tricky and very very misleading in the context here. But I do hope you people understand the Intricacy involved, when I use the word 'waste'. It is to be taken in the positive sense, and it is very much unlike the actual meaning of the word 'waste'. May be I have a knack of complicating things, but I do love puzzling people around.
I have spent 50 minutes writing my 2 blogs today, and I they are worth it.Let me know if the 10 minutes you spent on these two articles are worth it too! On this particular topic your comments would definitely be a good judge of me.
I have a quote for you from the movie "Die Another Day".
"Life is too short. Why waste it by sleeping?" .

Even i don't agree with it, still. I believe a part of it is right.
Have a nice time and do take good care of yourself.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

tadaa first comment..ok after reading this i dont knw if iam spending time or wasting it..watever it is,im loving it. n yes uve managed to confuse me..afteral thats what u call 'kk'nack ;)

WaTyAR said...

Spending Time or Wasting Time??? i thought of it.. tried to figure out whether a act of mine can be termed as "Waste" or "Usful" but i realised that its time that has to fix tag for our actions.. we may do one particular action.. that is we invest our time on this act.. and may not figure out the purpose of it.. but the weight of the action can still be varied with the "future action" of us.. so logically speaking any "ACTION" of us can me made productive.. its upto us to actually find few ways of doing it.. more over that 'weight' its totally dependent on view of the performer of the action

VIZAG - Youth For Equality said...

Hmm.. TIME managament is indeed a worthy topic 4 time 2 b spent on..
BTW, gud post.. Keep it up..

divya said...

ninna "exams" ivvala "waste" .....
defined differently in kk's way!
so on a whole i shud say i "wasted " my time perfectly in reading ur blog ...he he he...
very good work
keep it up sir

aroon gadu said...

is ur intention in writing about time is confusing the readers?
if so you are successfull man.... u can give this to to ETS people to give this for argument writing in AWA section.....

Sandilya Bhamidipati said...

maava.....after reading all that...i felt like u need a special class from me on time magmt...wats that man....u r awesome...how can anybody waste such amnt of time writing how to waste time and wasting our time...hahaha